Design our Next Tote Bag!
September 28, 2017
We’re looking for a new design for our next reusable tote bag and we need your help! We invite you to participate in the Uwajimaya Tote Bag Design Contest. The winning design will be voted on by our customers and released during our 90th Anniversary Sale in October 2018.
Uwajimaya, of course! We’re looking for a fun, original design that represents Uwajimaya. No strict rules here – food, products, history, patterns – anything goes as long as it represents Uwajimaya!
Prizes & Voting:
We will select our top 5 favorite designs and then let our customers pick their favorite winning design. Customers will vote through the Uwajimaya, Inc. Facebook page in February 2018 (dates to be announced). The winner will receive $1000 in Uwajimaya gift cards and two runner-ups will receive $100 Uwajimaya gift cards.
All participants must submit their artwork by Monday, January 15, 2018.
How to Enter:
Download the bag template here to create your artwork
(Width: 13.5 inches / Height: 13.5 inches / Depth: 7.75 inches)
- Incorporate the Uwajimaya logo (download below), store locations (Seattle, Bellevue, Renton and Beaverton) and website (www.uwajimaya.com) into your design.
- Read the full contest terms and conditions below.
- Sign the release form (download here)
- Upload your entry along with the signed release form to Dropbox by clicking here. Your entry will be denied if the release form is not accompanied with the artwork.
Full Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Introduction: These are the official rules of the Uwajimaya Tote Bag Design Contest. In these official rules, entry means a bag design created by the entrant for this contest. Entrant means the individual that offers the entry under the terms of this contest. The object of this contest is to create a design to be displayed on reusable shopping tote bags to be sold in Uwajimaya stores.
2. Eligibility: This contest is open to legal residents, age 16 years or older, of the United States. Residents of NY, RI, FL or MA and other areas where prohibited by law to enter and win are not eligible. This contest is not open to companies, organizations or groups associated with such institutions. Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain the consent of a parent or legal guardian.
3. How to Enter: One entry per person. Entries must be submitted through the provided dropbox link: firstname.lastname@example.org or the provided dropbox link (insert link). Each entry must be accompanied by the official release form, which is available for download at Uwajimaya.com/designabag?
4. Design Requirements:
• Size: 13.5” wide X 14” tall X 8.25” deep
• Color: Bag will be printed in 4-color process (CMYK). Any non-colored areas will be white.
• 300 dpi minimum
• EPS, PDF or Adobe Illustrator files – no photography
5. Rules of Design: Design must be original and created by the person submitting artwork as the sole owner of the design which has not been previously published. When you submit your artwork, you guarantee that you are the creator and holder of the design copyright. The design must not be obscene, violent, derogatory, profane, pornographic or in violation of any law. Design must not contain branded logos, trademarks, identifiable packaging, copyrighted materials or personal identification of others without the written consent of such owners. Winning design may be modified according to the printer’s specifications. Entrant acknowledges that the winning design will become the sole property of Uwajimaya, Inc and that the Uwajimaya logo will be incorporated into the artwork by the Uwajimaya design team and the bag manufacturer. Entrant also acknowledges that his/her winning design will be used by Uwajimaya, Inc. to produce a reusable shopping bag which will be available for resale and that Uwajimaya, Inc. will determine the number of bags produced. If Uwajmaya, Inc. reorders reusable bags with the winning design, the winning artist will not receive any additional compensation.
When a design is submitted, the entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Uwajimaya, Inc. and its subsidiaries, shareholders, employees, officers, directors, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies and all Uwajimaya affiliates from any claim or action from the use of the entrant's design and from copyright infringement.
Award is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance to Rules of Design. All artwork submissions will become the property of Uwajimaya and will not be returned. Uwajimaya is not responsible for any late, lost, damaged, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, illegible, misdirected or undelivered artwork submissions.
6. Judging: Uwajimaya will select 5 designs that will then be voted on by customers on the Uwajimaya, Inc. Facebook page. One vote per person. Judging will begin February 15, 2018 and end February 28, 2018. Winner will be announced in March 2018.
7. Prizes: The artist of the winning design will receive $1000 in Uwajimaya gift cards. The design will be displayed on reusable shopping bags available for purchase in all Uwajimaya stores beginning October 2018. Two runner ups will receive $100 Uwajimaya gift cards.