Join Our Team!
Our employees are essential for our continued success. We believe a team of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences working together powers our success. We encourage all qualified candidates who are passionate about food, customer service and Asian culture to apply for any of our open positions.
Uwajimaya is the largest Asian grocery and gift market in the Pacific Northwest. We strive be the premier destination to experience Asian food and culture through exceptional customer service, positive attitudes and world-class quality merchandise.
We are looking for people who are:
- Passionate towards excellent customer service
- Driven to do your best on the basis of your abilities
- Motivated to do a good job
- Open to improvements
- Passionate about learning
As part of Uwajimaya’s continuing efforts to prioritize the health and wellbeing of its employees and those it serves, Uwajimaya will encourage that the individual who fills this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Flexible, friendly, diverse work environment
- Starting at $20/hr depending on experience (Not applicable for Meat Union)
- Discretionary quarterly bonus – paid every three months based on overall company performance
- Employee discounts (10% off food items and 20% off gift department items. Some restrictions apply)
- Paid holidays from day one
- Excellent health benefits**
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Long term disability
- Life insurance
- Opportunities for growth
- Supplemental insurances available
**Click here for the machine readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated services rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine-readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.