– 2/3 pound pork (with fat and skin remaining)
– 2/3 pound kimch’i
– 2 medium Korean green peppers (seeded, cut into ½-inch strips)
– 1 medium red bell pepper (seeded, cut into ½-inch strips)
– 1/2 medium onion (cut into thin strips)
Seasoned Red Pepper Paste Ingredients:
– 3 tablespoons kochujang (red pepper paste)
– 1 tablespoon green onion (chopped)
– 1 teaspoon sugar gomashio (sesame salt) to taste black pepper (to taste)
– 1 teaspoon-1 tablespoon sesame oil (to taste)
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic (chopped)
Slice pork into thin pieces. Combine all ingredients for the seasoned red pepper paste in a small bowl. Add paste to the pork and mix well; let marinate 20 to 30 minutes.
Squeeze liquid from the kimch’i. Cut into ½- to 1-inch strips. Stir-fry the pork lightly first and then add kimch’i, green peppers, red peppers and onion, then stir-fry again. Note: adjust amount of kimch’i and peppers according to how spicy you like your food. Serve over rice. Tastes delicious with hot bean curd (cut into small pieces) on the side. Serves 4.