THE HAPPENINGS NEAR YOU
If you're 60 or older, shop with us every Tuesday morning from open to 11am for 10%* off your regular priced purchase! *Excludes Holidays. No discounts on: Books, Magazines, Gift Cards, Phone Cards, Lotto or Scratch Tickets, Newspapers, Sale Merchandise, Stamps, Tobacco or Alcohol. Discount not applicable to other businesses located in Uwajimaya. Discount cannot be combined with other promotions offers, coupons or discounts.
If you're currently enrolled in college, shop with us every Friday evening from 6pm until closing for 10%* off your regular priced purchase! Must present valid photo student ID to participate. *Excludes Holidays. No discounts on: Shiseido, Books, Magazines, Gift Cards, Phone Cards, Lotto or Scratch Tickets, Newspapers, Sale Merchandise, Stamps, Tobacco or Alcohol. Discount not applicable to other businesses located in Uwajimaya. Discount cannot be combined with other promotions offers, coupons or discounts.
Wednesday GO Nights at Seattle Uwajimaya
6pm to 8pm
The Japanese game of Go (wéiqí in Chinese, baduk in Korean) is an Asian strategy game that originated in China more than 3,000 years ago. Want to learn how to play? Join the Seattle Go Center and Uwajimaya on Wednesday evenings for a free beginner’s lesson in the Seattle Uwajimaya food court.
Natsu Matsuri at Uwajimaya Seattle
July 20-21, 2019
Saturday (11am, - 6pm), Sunday (11am - 5pm)
We're closing S. Weller Street (behind Uwajimaya) again for our annual Natsu Matsuri Outdoor Summer Festival. Join us for this family friendly event featuring live entertainment, eating contests and over 15 food booths! Free to attend. First 100 guests in yukata or kimono each day will receive a prize at the info booth. Pick up a Food Walk Stamp Card at the info booth - purchase items at 5 different food booths, collect a stamp and enter to win a $100 Uwajimaya gift card!
Plus, an appearance by Hello Kitty, children's games and Jan-Ken-Pon (Rock Paper Scissors) Contest!
Saturday, July 20
- 11:30 am - Meet Hello Kitty
- 12:00 pm - Megumi Pre-School Children's Choir
- 12:30 pm - Jan Ken Pon (Rock, Paper, Scissors) Tournament
- 1:30 pm - Meet Hello Kitty
- 2:00 pm - Taiko Drum Performance by Taiko Kai of the University of Washington
- 3:30 pm - Bon Odori Dance Lesson
- 4:30 pm - Tofu Eating Contest
Sunday, July 21
- 11:30 am - Meet Hello Kitty
- 12:00 pm - Jan Ken Pon (Rock, Paper, Scissors) Tournament
- 1:00 pm - Meet Hello Kitty
- 1:30 pm - Bon Odori Dance Lesson
- 2:30 pm - Taiko Drum Performance by School of Taiko Kids
- 4:00 pm - Mak Fai Kung Fu and Lion Dance
Join the event on Facebook here.
Sapporo Food Fair at Uwajimaya Beaverton
July 24-30, 2019
Celebrating the 60th Anniversary of Portland-Sapporo Sister City! Join us as we welcome several vendors from Japan to share specialty products from Sapporo, the largest city on the northern Japanese island of Hokkaido. Enjoy demos & food tastings daily!
Some featured products include:
- Miso Ramen from Nishiyama Seimen
- Warakudo Hokkaido Raisin Butter Sand - Hokkaido's Best selling Cream Cookies
- Tomoe Hidaka Kombu Dashi - Made with 100% Hokkaido Kombu
- Bell Shokuhin Ramen Salad Baisen Gomadare - Dressing Made with Roasted Sesame Oil
- Hokkai Yamato Instant Soup - Made with Potato and Corn from Hokkaido
- San Maruko Croquettes - Made with Fresh Potatoes from Hokkaido with Assorted Fillings
Several of these items will also be available to purchase (while supplies last) at all of our Washington locations.
Natsu Matsuri Outdoor Summer Festival at Uwajimaya Beaverton
July 27, 2019
Mark your calendars for the 10th annual Natsu Matsuri Summer Festival at Uwajimaya Beaverton!
Join us for Japanese food & beer, live entertainment, children's games and more!
Polynesian Festival at Renton Uwajimaya
August 17-18, 2019
Join us for our 10th annual Polynesian Festival featuring live performances, hula, Hawaiian style food, shave ice and more!
This year, we’re celebrating the 10th Anniversary of Renton’s Polynesian Festival with some special events. Join us on Saturday, August 17th in Renton for a tuna cutting at 1:00pm and a performance by the one and only “Godfather of Hawaiian Reggae” Bruddah Waltah at 4:00pm.
*Subject to change without notice
Polynesian Festival at Beaverton Uwajimaya
August 17, 2019
Join us for a fun day of live performances, hula, Hawaiian style food and much more! More information to come.
In partnership with the Ke Kukui Foundation.