Frequently Asked Questions
Seattle & Bellevue Stores:
Monday-Saturday: 8am - 10pm
Sunday: 9am - 9pm
Renton & Beaverton Stores:
Open Daily: 9am - 9pm
Special Hours apply for the certain holidays. Please call the specific location for holiday hours.
Gift cards are not currently available for online purchase. However, you may order a gift card at any store location or via telephone by calling our Seattle store at (206)-624-6248. The gift card can be mailed for an additional fee.
Gift cards have no value until activated at the register and may be loaded or reloaded at any Uwajimaya location. The minimum to activate or reload a gift card is $5.00. The balance contained on this card may be used for the purchase of merchandise at any Uwajimaya retail store (excludes online). The card value does not expire, nor does it incur any fees. This card is not redeemable for cash (except where required by law) and will not be replaced if lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed. Protect this card like cash.
To be added to the Uwajimaya mailing list, e-mail email@example.com with your name and mailing address.
For the e-mail listing, follow the instructions at the end of the e-mail newsletter where it says to remove or unsubscribe click here. If you would like to be removed from the mailing list, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and address.
Unfortunately, we are not offering cooking classes at this time.
Please contact the store you would like to take a tour with for their specific tour guidelines. Advance notice and reservations are required.
Our goal is to have more Uwajimaya Asian Grocery & Gift Markets in the central Puget Sound area and possibly other parts of the country. We continue to look for opportunities. No date or location has been set for our fifth store.
Due to the high traffic location of our Seattle store and to ensure convenient parking is always available for our customers while shopping at Uwajimaya, the Uwajimaya Village parking lot is a pay lot. However, parking is validated with purchase. Spend $10 or more at Uwajimaya or any Uwajimaya Village merchant and receive one hour of free parking validation; spend $20 or more and receive two free hours. Please bring your parking ticket into the store for validation while paying.
Yes. Other merchants within Uwajimaya Village, including the food court and Kinokuniya book store, also validate parking with purchase. Receive one hour parking validation with a $10 purchase, 2 hours with a $20 purchase. Please bring your parking ticket into the store to be validated when purchasing.
To exchange or return an item purchased at one of our stores, please follow these guidelines.
- Perishable Food: We will accept returns within 7 days of purchase with original receipt. No returns after food has been prepared.
- Non Perishable Food: We will accept returns of unopened, unused merchandise within 30 days of purchase with original receipt. Refund will be issued in the original form of payment. Returns after 30 days or without a receipt will be issued in the form of an in-store credit. Return purchases made by check will be issued in the form of an in-store credit if the return is within 14 days of purchase, and cash thereafter.
- Gift Department Items: We will accept returns of unused items with all original packaging and accessories within 30 days of purchase with original receipt. No refunds on Health & Beauty Items, Books, Magazine, DVD's and clearance merchandise. Refunds will be issued in the original form of payment. Returns after 30 days with original receipt will be issued in the form of an in-store credit for the full amount paid. Returns without a receipt will be issued in the form of an in-store credit for the amount of the lowest sale price within the last 6 months. Return purchases made by check will be issued in the form of an in-store credit if the return is within 14 days of purchase, and cash thereafter.
- Uwajimaya Gift Card: Purchase of an Uwajimaya gift card is final. Refunds will not be issued.
- Photography and video on Uwajimaya presmises are permitted for private, noncommercial use only; however, flash photography and tripods are not allowed. Photos/video may not be sold, published or reproduced. Photos/video may be posted on personal social media sites as long as they are not used for profit.
- Photography and video must be conducted without disruption to Uwajimaya store operations and must not block access to aisle ways and entrances/exits.
- Uwajimaya reserves the right to withhold and/or withdraw permission to photograph/video on our premises for any reason.
- Professional photography/video is not allowed without the express written consent of the store manager. To request permission for a professional shoot, contact the store manager or Uwajimaya Marketing Department at least one week in advance of requested shoot date. Contact information can be found on our "Contact" page under the "Company" tab or by clicking here.
Yes, Uwajimaya now accepts both Apple Pay and Google Wallet as a payment method.