Interested in joining our team?
Available Jobs at Corporate Office
Upcoming Hiring Events
Join us at one of our upcoming hiring events to learn about the benefits of working at Uwajimaya and available opportunities at all of our locations, including our new store Kai Market!
Friday, February 16 • 11am to 3pm
Seattle Uwajimaya (600 5th Ave. S, Seattle, WA 97104)
Friday, March 2 • 1pm to 5pm
Bellevue Uwajimaya (699 120th Avenue Northeast, Bellevue, WA 98005)
Uwajimaya is the largest Asian grocery and gift market in the Pacific Northwest. Our mission is to be the premier destination to experience Asian food and culture through exceptional customer service, positive attitudes and world-class quality merchandise. Our employees are essential for our continued success. We believe a team of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences working together powers our success. We encourage all qualified candidates who are passionate about food, customer service and Asian culture to apply for any of our open positions.
- Have a passion for excellent customer service
- Do your best on the basis of your abilities
- Desire to do a good job
- Open to improvements
- Passionate about learning
Our offers for most team members:
- Flexible, friendly, diverse work environment
- Competitive Pay (Wage starts at $15.00/hr)
- Employee Discounts
- Excellent health benefits
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Opportunities for growth
- Supplemental Insurances available
The Maintenance Specialist II responsibility is to repair various equipments and machineries as requested by the Branch Managers, such as: live tanks, coolers/refrigerators, freezers, ranges, telephones, etc…. He/she is responsible for assisting the Maintenance Manager in overseeing, maintaining, and conduct price comparison of supplies from different vendors. He/she will also assist in purchasing and picking up supplies.
• Knowledge of safety procedures and precautions required by WISHA regulations, a must.
• Refrigeration Certification required.
• Strong mechanical, electrical, plumbing and carpentry abilities required.
• Ability to uses tools of the trade in addition to wood working tools.
• Must have some knowledge of supplies and suppliers pertaining to working needs.
• Good customer service skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Driver license and a good driving record required.
• Must be physically capable of using the stairs and ladders.
• Must be proactive, a self starter, and have good work ethics.
We offer competitive wages, excellent health benefits, paid time off, 401 K, employee discounts and a flexible, friendly work environment.
Applications for all positions can be picked up at the customer service counter of any Uwajimaya location or our corporate offices located at 4601 6th Avenue South in Seattle's Industrial Area. Applicants may also fill out an online application by clicking apply below or download and print an application here (Adobe Reader required). Completed applications can be dropped off at any of our retail locations or our corporate offices. If you would like to submit a resume or have an inquiry about our job openings, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Uwajimaya is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an equal opportunity before and during employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, political affiliation, disability, marital status, or other similar factors not related to job requirements.