Ehime Food Fair March 16-22
March 4, 2016
We are thrilled to welcome several vendors from Japan’s Ehime Prefecture to share with you the opportunity to enjoy regional Japanese cuisine. Uncover the tastes and specialty products from Ehime during our Ehime Food Fair March 16-22, 2016 at our Seattle and Bellevue locations.
Ehime Prefecture is located on the island of Shikoku, one of the four main islands of Japan. The mild climate makes the perfect environment for cultivating citrus. Known as the “Citrus Kingdom”, Ehime is the largest producer of citrus fruits in Japan.
Ehime Prefecture is surrounded by the Seto Inland Sea to the north and Uwa Sea to the west and is also known for their fishing industry. Yellowtail, horse mackerel and red sea bream are a few of their specialty marine products. One unique product coming to Uwajimaya is the Mikan Buri. The Mikan Buri is yellowtail raised using a blend of traditional feed and ctirus in turn giving the fish a distinct and unique flavor.
The exhibitors will be selling products such as Japanese soup stocks, noodles made with flour from Ehime, rice crackers, citrus snacks, seafood and much more! These exclusive products from Ehime are available for a limited time only and while supplies last. Several of these products will also be available for purchase at our Renton and Beaverton locations.
Free food tastings daily March 16-22, 2016 at Seattle and Bellevue from 11am to 5pm.
Exhibitors and featured items include:
- Shindo Dried Fruit Peels: Sugar coated dried fruit made from the peels of the famous citrus of Ehime Prefecture.
- Hakataengyo Sea Salts: Sea Salt from the waters of the Seto Inland Sea.
- Seiki Kibi Dango: Sweet rice cakes made from millet flour.
- Ohgiya Yawaraka Koiwashi: A snack made with dried sardines.
- Maeda Kuro Sankoku Kinako: Premium 3 grain soybean flour.
- Toyo Seika Rice Crackers: A variety of rice crackers including Black Bean Okaki, Konbu Arare ans Ukichidori Arare.
- Uenishiki Sake: Junmai Ginjo Sake Fu-in, Junmai Sake Ohkara Extra Dry, and Junmai Daiginjo Sake Cup (WA Stores Only) from the Umenishiki Sake Brewery in Shikokuchūō, Ehime.
- Ehime Nori Ajitsuke Takujyo Nori: A snack made of seasoned nori.
- Jinno Foods Instant Shijimi Wakame Soup: Instant seaweed soup made with wakame and clams.
- Kamei Seika Bocchan Dango:This dango (rice dumpling) has three colors. The first dumpling is colored with red beans, the second with eggs, and the third with green tea
- Plus many more specialty items from Ehime!